Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dialog Dilemma

So.....I have morphed my thoughts into the opening of my story. Which is great, however I have hit a dead end. Smack, crash, bam, halt, I cannot seem to withdraw anything else from my brain. The writing has been at a standstill for about a week, and so far I have opened my story and introduced my main character. Oh and did I mention that when I tried to write more last week, I ended up describing a bathroom. Don't get me wrong it is a really great bathroom, the tile is exquisite, the furnishings are, WAIT, I am doing it again.

You see the problem I have so abruptly hurled myself into is the fact that dialog between characters completely intimidates me. And that is with out a doubt completely unfathomable for anyone who knows me, not correction for anyone who has ever been near me. I am to say the very least a talker. I love to converse. And it does not really even matter what I blab about. I just enjoy the mere conversation. I am one of those people you think will never shut up. This is a prime example, I was simply attempting to explain my writers block and now I have made a entire entry about how much I talk. But who knows maybe this one sided conversation will help to unblock my dialog drought.

No comments:

Post a Comment